At Sunnybrow Primary School, we celebrate the fact that every child is unique. We understand that children learn and develop in different ways, have different strengths and areas for improvement and come from a diverse range of backgrounds. For all children we aim to provide:
- Access to a broad, balanced, varied and stimulating curriculum, which is relevant to the needs of the children.
- Adaptive Teaching approaches based on the needs of the children, and which also appeal to visual, aural and kinaesthetic learners.
- Hands on learning and as many school trips as we possibly can.
- A range of technology to support and aid teaching.
- Opportunities for small group or independent work.
- Opportunities to develop self-esteem, independent learning, and development in decision making and problem solving skills.
- Access to highly skilled teaching assistants.
We do our best to ensure that all children are offered the opportunity to participate in activities outside the classroom and extra curricular activities. We ensure that reasonable adjustments are made to enable children with SEND to access a full curriculum and to enrich the experiences of all pupils. We are prepared to seek advice, resources, equipment and training in order to provide high quality experiences for our children. Many settings offer support and advice in meeting the needs of children with SEND and offer specific risk assessments which are sent to the school prior to school outings or visits. As a school we ensure that suitable and accessible transport is provided and that comprehensive risk assessments cover travel arrangements to ensure that all children are safe during excursions.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.