This is our Intent, Implementation and Impact statement for computing. computing Intent, Implementation and Impact
We see the computing curriculum as an exciting opportunity to prepare children for the future. The programs which we teach children are to develop confidence with ICT, understanding and appreciation of how programs are made along with a love of technology!
We have many resources in school to develop children’s computing and digital literacy skills. Currently, we utilise:
- a mobile suite of laptops for Key Stage 1 and another for Key Stage 2
- a mobile suite of iPads for the whole school
- a range of floor robots to develop programming and debugging skills
- a range of other ICT resources, such as digital voice recorders, Early Years toys and resources to support SEN.
Our curriculum is detailed within each of the Medium Term Plans. Each year group focuses upon the common computing and ICT themes of:
- Algorithms and Programming
- Data Retrieving and Organising
- Communicating and Presenting
- Online safety – We see Online Safety as a central focus of all ICT and Computing learning. Online Safety learning is built in to all topics as well as the school hosting regular Online Safety focus weeks/days.