The main objectives of the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding are:
- To increase participation levels in competitive sport and healthy activity of pupils, and to maintain these into adolescence.
- To increase the quality of initial teacher training in PE and sport, and to promote PE specialisation in primary level workforce.
- Schools understand and value the benefits of high quality PE and sport, including its use as a tool for whole school improvement
In 2016 – 2017 we were allocated £8116 and plan to spend the funding on:
- Buying in to the Durham School Sport Partnership Service Level Agreement which includes staff training, sporting competitions and festivals and qualified coaches to support staff and run after school clubs (£2500)
- Running after school sports clubs (£500)
- Purchasing sports equipment (£500)
- Membership of Cyber Coach to develop fitness (£100)
- Purchase of medals and trophies etc (£50)
- Transportation to sporting events (£300)
- Purchase of a full PE kit for every child in school and a washing machine so that we can wash the kits in school (£2000)