It is her job to:
- oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- liaise with parents of pupils with SEN
- liaise with, and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- work with the headteacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Education Act (2010) with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
Mrs Sim has recently achieved the National award for SENCOs. She is supported by Lynne Thompson, who is our designated SEND School Governor. Mrs Thompson monitors the SEND provision in school and liaises with Mrs Sim to ensure that the legal requirements in the SEND Code of Practice are implemented in school and carried out effectively, to ensure that all children’s needs are met.
If you have any concerns regarding your child’s educational, health and social development, please don’t hesitate to make an appointment to speak to Mrs Sim or Mrs Thompson. You can contact her by phoning the school on 01388 746 413, using the online SEND Feedback form or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.