We see the computing curriculum as an exciting opportunity to prepare children for the future. The programs which we teach children are to develop confidence with ICT, understanding and appreciation of how programs are made along with a love of technology!
We have many resources in school to develop children’s computing and digital literacy skills. Currently, we utilise:
- a mobile suite of laptops for Key Stage 1 and another for Key Stage 2
- a mobile suite of iPads for the whole school
- a range of floor robots to develop programing and debugging skills
- a range of other ICT resources, such as digital voice recorders, Early Years toys and resources to support SEN Our curriculum is detailed within each of the Medium Term Plans. Each year group focuses upon the common computing and ICT themes of:
- Algorithms and Programing
- Data Retrieving and Organising
- Communicating and Presenting
- E-SafetyWe see E-Safety as a central focus of all ICT and Computing learning. E-Safety learning is built in to all topics as well as the school hosting regular E-Safety focus weeks/days. We also have Ecadets in school, a child from each Key Stage 2 year group has been chosen to be the Ecadet. These children get together every week to prepare and plan activities/lessons/assemblies on E-Safety which they will then produce and teach to their classes.