Sunnybrow Primary School: a place where everyone has the chance to shine.
‘Imagine a place where everyone can learn together in a safe, caring and stimulating environment while growing in self-esteem and confidence.’
These aims are designed to ensure that the school meets the needs of all, regardless of: gender, gender identity, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, race and nationality, religion or belief and sexual orientation.We strive to include and engage all pupils and to prepare them for full participation in a diverse society.
We aim to:
- create an inclusive community, in which everyone is equally valued, regardless of gender, gender identity, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, race and nationality, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
- strengthen partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and the wider community;
- develop an awareness, tolerance, respect and understanding of other cultures and different ways of life;
- encourage social, moral, spiritual and cultural growth; developing confidence, self-esteem, respect and responsibility for ourselves and our environment;
- provide a creative and challenging curriculum which encourages independence and promotes life-long learning and high aspirations;
- raise awareness of personal safety while providing a secure environment with clear and effective procedures ensuring the safety of everyone;
- create a positive, vibrant environment which motivates and inspires;
- promote the importnace of a healthy lifestyle;
- equip pupils with the skills and knowledge to function well as citizens of the future;
- recognise and nurture the unique abilities and achievements of each pupil.
The children have produced their own set of school values that they are feel are reflective of the British Values. They are: